Android launchers are usually the first elements of this mobile operating system that users customize. Apart from the latter, they also usually change wallpapers or icons, although we'll talk about these other elements on a different occasion.
Nova Launcher or Apex Launcher are some of the most popular applications to customize the home screen of our Android, especially the first one of the two. But that might change with the arrival of a new player: the Redmond-based company wants to introduce us to Microsoft Launcher as a competitive alternative in this field.
Microsoft presents an alternative capable of overthrowing Nova Launcher.
Microsoft wants to conquer your Android's home screen
At first glance, you may think that this one is just another application in this field but once you start using it, you'll soon realize that there's much more to it. Not only does this application allow you to change app icons and their distribution on the screen but it also wants to become the core element of your Android experience.
Once you've installed it, not only will it ask permission to become your default home screen but it will also request information about your calendar, notes, and reminders to show them on your screen with a single tap. But that's not all. If you've got a Microsoft account, you can connect to your PC or Xbox to enjoy an even more immersive experience.
The following are its main features:
- Pin contacts to your home screen to access them with a single tap.
- Modify the aspect of your device, changing wallpapers, theme colors, icon packages, and plenty more.
- Add customized information sources (you'll require a Microsoft account).
- Unified search on web and phone.
- Connect your Android smartphone to your PC or Xbox.
- Customize gestures to carry out tasks, open application, and much more.
Microsoft Launcher has everything necessary to conquer your Android so we recommend you to give it a chance. You'll be pleasantly surprised.