Microsoft's email client
Emails have become an essential element of our daily routine. Every day we receive, read and reply to dozens of emails, many of which are related to our work and to which we have to pay special attention. Although as of lately we can access all these messages from our mobile device wherever we go, it's always handy to have a decent desktop email client to be able to manage the huge number of emails that land in our inbox.
The professional email and calendar application to keep up with all your important matters.
And one of the best ones is definitely Outlook 2019, the new version of the email client developed by Microsoft as a comprehensive part of its Office suite. Nobody should be surprised that it belongs to a family of programs focused on our productivity because, despite being considered mainly as an email client, its functions go much beyond this concept, becoming a personal information manager with calendar, contact organizer, note taking and task list functions.
What can I do with Microsoft Outlook on my PC?
Well, just like with any decent email client for Windows, with this program you'll be able to carry out tasks such as the following:
- Receive, read, reply, write and file emails.
- Manage your list of contacts and use Skype to chat with them straight from your inbox.
- Attach all sorts of files to your emails, including files stored in your OneDrive account.
- Manage several accounts from a single client.
- Classify and organize all your emails into different folders.
- Synchronize email accounts from totally different services such as Gmail or Hotmail.
- Configure automatic replies for when you're away or out of the office.
- Search for any email in your inbox or any other folder.
- Manage rules to automatically remove unwanted emails.
- Pin important emails to the upper part of the tray to make sure they're always visible.
- Check the weather straight from the calendar built-in to Outlook.
- Insert an automatic signature into your emails.
What's new in the 2019 version of Outlook?
Since 2007 when it was launched for the first time, Outlook has constantly renewed itself and adapted to new times. Like all other tools that are part of the Microsoft Office 2019 ecosystem, with which it integrates perfectly, this one, in particular, is also especially focused on collaborative work on the cloud, encouraging teamwork.
That's why it pays special attention to the possibility to share files straight from OneDrive through Outlook, share calendars to simplify the organization of meetings, and create groups to discuss important issues on Skype.
Furthermore, in this new version, the search function has been improved after receiving plenty of criticism in the past. Now it has become a smart search that learns from you and your habits and provides you with suggestions for keywords and contacts as you write, saving the latest searches to save time and increase your productivity.
What's new in this version
- No changelog available.
Requirements and additional information:
- Minimum operating system requirements: Windows 7.
A Telecommunications Engineer, chance led me to the translation industry, where after a few years, I discovered another side of the world of technology while translating what others were writing about mobile applications and software. That...