Solve math problems using your smartphone's camera
Mathematical problems in their different branches are often a source of headaches for many students and their parents or tutors. In some cases, it is because of their complexity, but in others, the problem is finding a clear explanation of the problem's solution. Fortunately, OCR text recognition technology has come to lend us a hand thanks to tools such as PhotoMath.
Write down and solve your math problems
This is a useful application capable of recognizing a mathematical problem in different areas such as arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and trigonometry, and solving it instantly. However, since it is all about learning, it not only gives the solution but also explains in a detailed and visual way all the steps followed to reach the answer. To use this app, point the camera at the problem in question, take a picture, and the app will recognize the mathematical operation on its own.
Math problem recognition with the device's camera is undoubtedly the most attractive feature of this app. However, the user can also manually enter the mathematical problem to be solved. Below, you will find some of its most important features:
- Scanning problems printed in books, on images, or handwritten.
- Possibility to manually enter the mathematical problem.
- A simple step-by-step breakdown of the process to solve a problem.
- It works in different areas of mathematics: algebra, calculus, trigonometry, statistics, and more.
- Scientific calculator.
- Various methods to solve problems.
- Interactive graphics.
- Profiles for different types of users: students, parents or legal guardians, and teachers.
Do not let mathematics beat you and discover all its secrets with the help of PhotoMath on your iPhone.
Requirements and additional information:
- Minimum operating system requirements: iOS 12.0.
- Compatible with:
- iPod touch
- Offers in-app purchases.
With a degree in History, and later, in Documentation, I have over a decade of experience testing and writing about apps: reviews, guides, articles, news, tricks, and more. They have been countless, especially on Android, an operating system...