Beyond the rage for pixellated games, if we take a look at any modern video game console it's like looking through a window. Systems have advanced to such an extent that it's hard to believe that they're only games. If you've got a PS4, you've got a treasure. Or something similar. But what if you could get more out of it thanks to your Android mobile device? Well, you now can thanks to PS4 Second Screen that allows you to:
- Control your video console with basic controls.
- Use your phone or tablet as a second screen.
- Input text on your PS4 (we all know how tiresome it is to write on a PlayStation).
- View comments during broadcasts.
Use your mobile device to handle the basic controls of your PS4.
How to connect your phone to a PS4
If you're familiar with Sony's entertainment systems, this part is really easy for you. But just in case, we're going to explain to you how to connect your PS4 to a mobile device following these simple steps:
- If you haven't got a Sony Entertainment Network account, it's time to create one.
- Connect both devices to the same network.
- Go to your video console's settings and choose PlayStation App Connection Settings > Add Device.
- From the application, choose the PS4 system that you'd like to connect to.
- Insert the number that appears on your console's screen.
Input text on your PS4 straight from your mobile device.
If you're the lucky owner of a PS4, a collection of games, and an Android device, you can make the most of the advantages of this PlayStation Mobile app. One of its functions is about showing information of compatible games on a second screen on your mobile device so you can check them from there.