QR codes are two-dimensional, square barcodes that can store data in an encoded form. They are used to store different types of information accessed directly with the rear camera of our smartphones.
Not so long ago, it seemed that their use would never become popular, but in the wake of the global pandemic, these codes are now becoming part of our day-to-day lives to access restaurant menus, payment platforms, or our vaccination information, for example.
Read and interpret codes and create your own
Although most of the cameras in our smartphones already have the QR reading option, there are more complete third-party apps available. QR Scanner is an app to read and interpret them, so you can scan and immediately recognize the information contained in the code. It supports all major code formats and also lets the user create and share codes with their own information to anyone they wish.
These are the main features of the app:
- User-friendly interface.
- It can automatically detect, scan, and decode any code without pressing buttons.
- Execute the actions associated with the QR code directly from the interface such as opening links, connecting to wifi access points, displaying text, searching for product information, and more.
- The user can create their own QR codes with links, contact information, phone numbers, locations, calendar entries, or WiFi passwords.
- The QR codes read or created can be shared through different applications.
- Includes a history of scanned and created codes.
New features of the latest version
- Bug fixes.
- Optimized user experience.