Chat and video call app with a live editor for Android
WhatsApp is still the clear leader in the world of instant messaging and chat apps thanks to its billion users all over the world. It's probably still the favorite due to its austerity although even if it were rubbish, you'd still use it if all your friends use it. But that doesn't mean that people don't use other apps to communicate due to the great multimedia resources they incorporate... that's the case of Snapchat based on sending and receiving photos.
A messaging app based on photos, videos, and video calls
Amongst these apps, we also have to point out SNOW - Video call, Selfie, Face filter, Fun camera for Android, an application used by over one hundred million people from all over the world and that also offers us the possibility to edit images with stickers and live filters.
Online and unlimited communications.
These are the main features and functions included in SNOW Selfie:
- Communicate with your contacts on Facebook or your phone list. You can also add them by means of QR codes.
- Make video calls to other contacts adding live stickers to the image.
- Record videos and apply different face effects before sending them.
- Create Stories and share them with your contacts during a certain period of time. You can add the photos and videos you've shared in the chat.
- Establish a special configuration for the videos and images you send, just like you do with other apps like Snapchat.
- Option preview of the chat messages.
- Reply to messages straight from the notifications.
At the beginning of this review, we spoke about the austerity of WhatsApp. You definitely won't find that here. Although its interface is crystal-clear and quite plain, once you download its APK you'll soon realize that it belongs to that group of apps focused on an audience that wants a more informal means of communication, similar to LINE.
However, if you want to use the application on your PC, we're afraid that it isn't possible. The best thing you can do is resort to Skype. OK, it doesn't let you apply stickers, filters, and other accessories to your communications but at least you can use it from your desktop without having to go through the havoc of installing an Android emulator.
Requirements and additional information:
- Minimum operating system requirements: Android 5.0.
With a degree in History, and later, in Documentation, I have over a decade of experience testing and writing about apps: reviews, guides, articles, news, tricks, and more. They have been countless, especially on Android, an operating system...