Client to access Mastodon
Mastodon is a microblogging social network that intends to compete with Twitter with a similar communication system. In other words, short posts (although in this case, they can reach 500 characters) that aren't called tweets but toots. We can't download the official Mastodon app but other third-party clients such as this Subway Tooter.
A more customized experience on Mastodon
This application offers us an optimized access to the social network, allowing us to customize how we receive the contents we're subscribed to, whether from other particular users or from official accounts.
These are the main functions offered by this Mastodon client:
- Support for multiple accounts.
- Contents sorted into different columns.
- Switch between columns and accounts by simply swiping the screen.
- Configure different kinds of columns: home, notifications, local timeline, search, hashtags, conversations, profiles...
The design of the interface has been simplified in order to provide any mastodoner with the most pleasant user experience on this social network which can seem strange for newcomers due to the fact that its servers are decentralized.
Requirements and additional information:
- Minimum operating system requirements: Android 5.0.
With a degree in History, and later, in Documentation, I have over a decade of experience testing and writing about apps: reviews, guides, articles, news, tricks, and more. They have been countless, especially on Android, an operating system...