Possibility to manage different email accounts, support for various protocols, possibility to use different user profiles, each with their own email accounts, backups of the profiles, etc. All this and much more is possible thanks to Thunderbird.
A great email client by Mozilla
Thunderbird, known as Minotaur when it was first developed, is a free email client, that allows the user to manage, send and receive emails from a pleasant and very easy-to-use interface. Another key feature is that it is a very lightweight client, and it hardly uses system resources.
Furthermore, Thunderbird includes several functions that make it a very complete email manager. The main features of Thunderbird are:
- Possibility to manage multiple email accounts.
- Advanced folder viewing and message tagging.
- Two message search methods: advanced search or quick search.
- Browse the message history.
- Access to news services by means of RSS.
- Support for POP, IMAP or web-based accounts.
- Possibility to create different user profiles.
- Make backup copies of the profiles.
- Phishing protection.
- Modify the interface by using themes.
- Possibility to add new features by adding extensions.
Thunderbird is Mozilla's alternative to other more traditional email clients.