Amongst the wide range of social networks that we can choose from, Tumblr is probably the most heterogeneous of them all. Mainly because we can find all sorts of contents on it. It's a platform that provides support for the publication of whatever kind of content you can think of, whether multimedia or not: photos, drawings, quotes, videos, music, text, GIF animations...
Possibly the most creative social network
This social network format is similar to that of the traditional blog as it offers each user space where to publish any kind of content. And that's exactly what we can find in its official Android app, where we'll start off by signing up as a user by means of our email address.
From there on, we have two options to start off: either with our first publication, either using the search tool to find interesting content. In the second case, we can find users and any kind of published content, whether by name or tag. In any case, we can also use filters to fine-tune our searches as it will allow us to find results according to the format chosen (video, image, GIF, quote...).
One of the most faithful social networks to the concept of Internet.
These are the main features and functions that you'll be able to make the most of once you've downloaded the APK to your smartphone:
- Publish all sorts of contents: drawings, videos, music, quotes, GIF animations, photos (in different formats such as PNG or JPG)...
- Create contents straight from your mobile device's camera: photo bursts, live video, GIFs...
- Reblog publications by other users with your own comments.
- Find publications about all sorts of topics: politics, cats, movies, music, photography...
- Comment on publications of other users, follow them and send private messages.
- Establish different privacy levels for your publications, schedule them, and share them automatically on other social profiles such as Facebook or Twitter.
- Find out what people are talking about or search for any topic of your interest thanks to the use of tags.
- Customize your personal page with different colors, fonts or wallpapers.
Unlike other social networks of the likes of Pinterest or Instagram, Tumblr isn't the social network where your mother would like you to be. The number of mad users you can find here would make you think that it's the place Dali or Picasso would be in the case of having a smartphone back then. Does that mean its bad? No, not at all, it probably makes it even more interesting. Its scarce censorship allows us to browse through millions of videos and photos that we could never be able to find on other more classic platforms... We can find almost anything: from tacky love-based wallpapers to decorate our phone to lysergic and adult contents (this is the Internet, what else were you expecting?). And cats, loads of cats.
What's new in the latest version
- The bugs of the previous version are now history.