Sharing images on thematic boards that bring together different interests, hobbies, events or whatever you can think of. That's what Pinterest is for you, a social network of pictures that intends to connect users by means of elements that they consider interesting. Its name stems from the words pin and interest because when we share these images we're kind of pinning them to a board.
Unlike of other picture social networks of the likes of Instagram or Flickr, the idea behind this one is to share inspiring collections. That's why one single user can maintain several thematic boards at once, keeping all his interests and collections offered to his followers in order.
It's a social network that's not only suitable for anonymous users and particulars, but also for celebrities, artists, and brands that also have an account on this platform.
Main features and functions
The Android app is conceived so that we can share on our panels absolutely anything we come across whilst browsing the Internet. For such purpose, it offers us functions such as the following:
- Follow contents by topics, users or boards.
- Manage your boards and pins.
- Manage your profile with personal information such as your name, profile pic, a short description about yourself, location, and reference web page.
- Receive notifications and stay informed about the most important updates regarding the users and topics you follow.
- Send private messages to other users.
- Save screenshots and store them publicly and privately.
- Search for ideas among different categories: popular, gifts, animals, art, DIY and arts & crafts, famous sayings and quotes, sports...
Find anything: from pictures of classic cars to inspiration for your home decoration.
Thus, its APK is a resource for users to find online inspiration about any topic of their interest: drawings, fashion and clothes, tattoos, cooking, hairdos, art, love...
When was it created and how many users has it got?
The first beta version appeared in 2009 and it was developed by Evan Sharp, Paul Sciarra, and Ben Silbermann. In 2015 it exceeded the 100 million user mark. Therefore, it's definitely not the social network with the most users (we'll leave that honor to Facebook) but it has a rather large user base becoming one of the most popular and successful social platforms in the world. And that was precisely thanks to the release of its official apps for iPhone and Android, which led to a major leap in the number of pinners subscribed to the service.
At present, it's blocked in China and other countries of the likes of India due to their lawmakers it goes against some of the rules of these nations.
What's new in the latest version
- No changelog is available for this app.