A social network based on photography and images that offers you the inspiration you need regarding those topics that interest you the most. That's precisely what Pinterest is, an online space where you can share any evocative image or explore those shared by other users.
Each user has the possibility to order and categorize those elements shared on boards, which can be dedicated to specific topics or subjects. Thus, you can approach different topics of your interest: art, cars, animals, fashion, tattoos, quotes...
Pinterest for iPhone: share and get inspired wherever you are
The iPhone and iPad app provides us with all the options offered by this social network in a version optimized for mobile devices. It allows us to carry out the following functions:
- Search for and save any idea you come across.
- Use the visual search tool or resort to the manual search engine.
- Sava ideas for later, both on the Internet of visiting the boards of other users.
- Manage your own thematic boards and their pins.
- Follow specific topics, users or boards.
- Create a user profile with personal information such as your name, profile pic, personal description, geographical location or reference website.
- Communicate with other pinners by means of private messages.
- Receive notifications about updates of the users and panels you follow.
- Save screenshots and automatically store them as pins.
- Create private pins and boards.
- Explore contents by category.
An inexhaustible source of ideas and inspiration.
When Pinterest was created back in 2009 ( the year in which the first beat appeared) its developers knew that they wanted to differentiate from other photo and image social networks of the likes of Flickr or Instagram. The project was reinforced as soon as they released their mobile apps, both for iOS and the APK file for Android, as it was the best moment for new users to start signing up for this service. Until that point, the growth had been rather moderate, so they didn't have a clue about how far they were going to go: in 2015 they topped the 100 million user barrier.
It's currently used by all kinds of people: from anonymous users that simply search for ideas for different fields in their lives (how to celebrate a wedding, how to refurbish a garden, how to pimp a car, how to look like Harry Styles...) to commercial brands and celebrities from different sectors that use it to promote their products and projects.