Record short videos with music and make them go viral
For quite some time, applications and social networks based on videos and images are the in thing. Snapchat, Instagram or Vine are just a few examples, but we also have to mention the video call functions incorporated into WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger. These apps are real hits on both Android and iOS.
The app to record music videos to be shared with your contacts.
And this app definitely takes advantage of this popularity. So, what's TikTok - musical.ly all about? Well, it's basically an app that allows you to record yourself doing lip-sync while your perform your favorite song. Then you obviously have to share it from the social network's app to receive the corresponding praise or mocking, or by means of other messaging and chat applications of the likes of Facebook, Twitter and others. Well, you don't necessarily need to record yourself doing a playback or singing. You can record yourself doing almost anything and then use the songs offered by the app as a soundtrack (as you won't be able to download any other tracks due to copyright reasons).
Among the options available in this tool to create music videos, the following are probably the most noteworthy:
- Millions of songs available.
- Easy-to-use: choose your favorite song and match the lyrics by just moving your lips.
- Possibility to add effects to make your video more eye-catching: you can play the video in slow motion or fast forward!
- Save your creations on your iPhone's Camera Roll.
- Videos ready to be shared on WhatsApp, Vine, Twitter, Facebook or Instagram.
- Access to musical.ly's video community where you'll be able to join in with the rest of the users and discover their creations.
- Follow all sorts of users, both anonymous people, and celebrities or well-known companies or associations, such as the NBA that has a really active profile.
Share publicly or privately with your mates
This application is definitely great fun. It's so easy to use that any person can feel like a music star, even if it's only for a couple of minutes. All in all, it's really good entertainment for the most talkative users that want to have fun showing off all their skills. It incorporates a tiny tutorial explaining how to use it... you only need to have a decent phone to record your videos. What are you waiting for to register, login and set off on your path towards fame... or not. You might prefer to simply share the videos with your friends.
The app has a broad user community with plenty of fans of this service, such as the German twins Lisa and Lena, and other characters that have become famous stars thanks to this application.
Become a music star and have a few laughs with your friends on your social networks.
What's new in the latest version
- New video stickers.
Requirements and additional information:
- Minimum operating system requirements: iOS 10.0.
- Compatible with:
- iPod touch
- Offers in-app purchases.
With a degree in History, and later, in Documentation, I have over a decade of experience testing and writing about apps: reviews, guides, articles, news, tricks, and more. They have been countless, especially on Android, an operating system...