Mobile devices have unleashed a boom regarding apps to edit photos and videos, offering all sorts of tools of this nature. Furthermore, many of them come along with functions that basically turn them into social networks, as is the case of Instagram, to share our creations online. And that's where TikTok - musical.ly comes in.
But what is TikTok - musical.ly all about?
Within the category of video editors with social functions, here's a rather generic one. It offers us versions for Android and iPhone, allowing us to create all sorts of videos with the music of our choice and that we can later share within the same app or through social networks and chat apps of the likes of WhatsApp.
But not just any old thing but short 15-second videos in which the people record themselves dancing, lip-syncing or mucking around while some song is playing. And yes, as you can imagine, it's a real frenzy on both Android and iPhone.
A social network that wants to follow suit to Snapchat.
And these are the main features of this app:
- Millions of videos that you can explore by yourself or play according to the recommendations given by the app.
- Follow millions of content creators that belong to this user community.
- Create your own videos and add the music of your choice regardless of your favorite style: pop, rock, rap, R&B, reggae, trap, house...
- Over 100 stickers, emojis, and filters for the videos, including facial beauty effects.
- Several categories to search for videos.
And how does it work?
Well, once you download and install the APK, and run the app, you'll be able to explore its different sections:
- The area where you can discover what to follow and what's in fashion.
- An area to search for users, contents by category, hashtags, classification with the best ratings...
- Notifications area.
- User profile area to carry out all sorts of edits.
And you'll obviously have a button to record your own videos and share them. You'll find it at the top of the interface and you'll only have to press it to be able to select contents from three different sources: from your music collection, from your library or from your camera, in other words, recording them yourself.
The songs can be taken from your gallery or you can use fragments of famous songs or hits of the moment. Then, you can record the video in slow motion, at high speed, recreating a time-lapse... Just don't forget to keep the button pressed.
After that, you can apply filters, effects or masks, and finally publish it with a title and mentions to your contacts, or just save it to view it privately.
You'll also be able to use more common functions, such as creating your own private profile, exchanging direct message with users or receiving notifications each time a user you follow publishes new contents.
What's new in the latest version
- Fixes errors and implements performance improvements.