Technology has come a long way since the arrival of Mark Zuckerberg's social network around 2005. Before we usually accessed Facebook from our PC's browser, but now it's almost unthinkable not to do so from a mobile application. In this case, we want to introduce you to the official FB client for iOS devices.
With this app downloaded and installed on your iPhone, you'll obviously be able to access all the usual functions of the web version, but with the added value of mobility and being able to check your account and all the movements on your timeline when and wherever you want, as well as receiving activity notifications on your phone's home screen.
Essential to keep up with everything going on in your friends' lives.
But beware, the mobile version of this social network isn't perfect: it takes up a lot of space on our smartphone and usually eats up all our battery, but its advantages beat this disadvantages. But if you still think it consumes too many resources you can always turn to the Lite version... Oh no, you've got an iPhone. Bad luck.
What can I do with this version of Facebook for iPhone and iPad?
As we said earlier, you can carry on doing all the usual actions you'd carry out on the ordinary version, but now from a much smaller screen:
- Access your account, change your profile and cover photos and modify your personal details.
- Update your status and say where you are by means of the Check-in function.
- Share live videos by means of streaming from your iPhone's camera in order to broadcast important events.
- Upload photos, share links and tag friends.
- Receive notifications about any publication in which you've been mentioned.
- Explore your timeline to find out what your friends have published, said or done.
- Comment on your contact's publications or posts by any user with an open wall.
- Like whatever post you want with the corresponding button.
- Express other feelings by means of the reaction buttons: Love, Haha, Wow, Sad or Angry.
- Have a go at games optimized for mobile phones and flood your contacts with requests for Candy Crush and Clash of Clans.
- Take part in contests organized by different brands on their social networks.
You'll probably miss the possibility to chat privately with friends or groups of friends, but now the instant messaging functions have been dissociated from the application to become exclusive to Messenger, another app that's a big must on any worthy smartphone or tablet.
What's new in the latest version
Although Facebook doesn't usually publish the changes implemented in each new version of its mobile apps, the latest update to the social network for iOS comes along with important improvements in terms of privacy and security due to the Cambridge Analytica scandal that has affected Mark Zuckerberg and co. In fact, Facebook has just implemented its Youth Portal to explain to youngsters what they do with their private data, as well as to give them advice for an appropriate use of the social network. Furthermore, the latest version of the social network incorporates a new language: Arabic.