The Earth is a living planet in geological terms. For this reason, seismic movements and volcanic eruptions are common in all those areas where the movement of tectonic plates is more active (common in terms of geological time, you know). And if you are interested in knowing what is happening around earthquakes and volcanoes, what better than an app called Volcanoes & Earthquakes?
Fulfilling historical and real-time information about earthquakes and volcanoes
The name does not deceive and offers just what it promises: we have a very complete record of the latest earthquakes and volcanic eruptions that have occurred around the globe, shown both on a map and in a list and that can be consulted in great detail, also applying filters to these searches.
The app is designed for the consultation of these geological phenomena and that undoubtedly those interested in the functioning of the Earth internally will find of great interest. Its interface has a basic design, but it has sought functionality and practicality for consultation. These are the main features offered by the app:
- Consult on a map the volcanoes erupting on a map (more than 1600 active and inactive volcanoes).
- Consult the list of the most recent earthquakes in the world, with precise geographic data and intensity on the Richter scale.
- Check the latest news about volcanic eruptions and seismic movements around the world.
- Different criteria to filter search results.
- Information taken from more than 20 national and international data sources.
- Compressed data format to save bandwidth.