YouTube's music player for iPhone
There's no need to remind you that YouTube is the video platform par excellence on which we can watch hundreds of thousands of cat videos, fails, our favorite YouTubers, gameplay videos, and walkthroughs of video games, and obviously music videos. Where else would you go to watch Shakira's latest video or Despacito?
And as you know, once you start with that video starring Justin Bieber, you won't be able to stop: you'll be flooded with suggestions of videos and playlists, and you end up playing all the songs to be ever written. And aware of the potential of this platform as a channel to listen to music, the guys at Google decided that it was a good idea to develop YouTube Music.
YouTube's 'Spotify Killer'
That's basically the idea behind YouTube Music: a platform where you can listen to the music of the hundreds of thousands of videos uploaded to its servers without having to play the video, only the audio. In other words, we're talking about a music streaming platform to compete with Spotify, Apple Music, Deezer, or Pandora, making the most of the potential of having one of the largest online multimedia catalogs around.
The music player developed by YouTube.
The result of designing and developing this app with YouTube's music for Android and iPhone has led to the following features and functions:
- Thousands of online songs.
- Music stations that learn about your tastes.
- Possibility to view images of concerts and live recordings.
- A never-ending catalog: from new artists to your favorite classics.
- All sorts of contents: official and unofficial videos, remixes, covers, playlists... Relaxing music, modern music, from the 80s', to study, Keltic music... whatever you want.
- Possibility to play music without adverts.
- Access to YouTube Premium: the service that combines Music with watching videos without adverts.
Playing music on YouTube without ads
This music service belonging to the video platform also incorporates the possibility to play content without adverts, which is probably the greatest drawback of this kind of service. You can do so through YouTube Red which is how YouTube actually becomes a platform like Spotify. Basically because by means of a monthly payment the user has access to three key functions:
- Play music without adverts.
- Continue playing music even when your screen is off.
- Play music without an Internet connection: download songs and listen to them offline.
Although it's true that there are dozens of apps capable of extracting or ripping the audio from YouTube videos to later convert it to MP3, here we're talking about a much more functional and efficient service.
What's new in the latest version
- Performance improvements and bug fixes to enhance the experience.
Requirements and additional information:
- This service isn't available in all countries.
- Minimum operating system requirements: iOS 13.0.
- Compatible with:
- iPod touch
- Offers in-app purchases.
With a degree in History, and later, in Documentation, I have over a decade of experience testing and writing about apps: reviews, guides, articles, news, tricks, and more. They have been countless, especially on Android, an operating system...