One of the main advantages for many Android users regarding iOS is that this operating system is much more flexible, offering us greater customization possibilities that in the case of Apple devices are much more limited. And the issue is that it can be carried out very easily with needing to root your phone by simply downloading an app of the likes of ZEDGE.
The most complete wallpaper, icon, and sound application to customize your Android smartphone or tablet.
Downloading its APK will provide you with a huge pack of sounds for alarms, calls, and notifications, wallpapers to decorate the interface and new icons for any application to which you want to assign them. Although many of these elements can be downloaded straight from the app, others are stored online. In any case, both the application and the collection is totally free without any kind of in-app purchase.
These are the main features and functions included in this app to customize your phone:
- Download new wallpapers in HD, icons, and ringtones.
- Animated wallpaper gallery.
- Section of widgets in beta stage.
- Intuitive interface that makes it easier to search for any content.
- Contents sorted by categories: movies, music, landscapes, abstract, hot news, sports...
- Establish several wallpapers and let them change automatically.
- Possibility to create a user profile to store your history and a list of favorites.
- Share content with other apps and contacts.
- Limited edition customization packs for certain times of the year: Christmas, Valentine's Day, New Year, Halloween...
How does Zedge work and how to use it?
Zedge, which has also been developed for iPhone, offers us all the information we need about each one of the elements that we can download. On the one hand, it tells who has shared the image or sound, so that we can easily get to all the contents shared by the user in question to find similar elements. In turn, we can save it in our Favorites, to vote it, and share it ourselves.
Regarding how to download a wallpaper, tone or icon, just press the download button that will offer you two possibilities:
If we go for the first option, we'll be able to choose the location where to store it, whilst in the second case, we'll go to setting to establish how to install it on our phone or tablet. And it doesn't matter which one you've got as it adapts perfectly to all customization layers, even Samsung or Huawei.
What's new in the latest version
- It is now easier to find resources such as wallpapers, ringtones, or notification sounds.