After returning to the front page in 2016 with one of the most important and impressive releases for mobile devices with Pokémon GO, that broke all possible records on Android and iPhone, now there's new material starring these creatures for us to try out.
A multiplayer turn-based strategy game
We're talking about Pokémon Duel, based on an online multiplayer board system that lands in the West after arriving previously in Japan. Basically, it offers us all the following features:
- Start off with a team made up by 6 creatures.
- We can unlock new Pokémons as we advance through the game and earn different rewards.
- Our goal is to reach the point indicated on the board before our rival gets there.
- We'll have to hinder the progress our rivals, challenging their creatures with ours.
- Each one of them has special features that can make each combat go either way.
- There are special cards that provide us with special skills and aids to defeat our enemies during the battles.
The release of this game for iOS and also in APK format for Android is one of the latest pieces of good news for the fans of this franchise, that haven't got enough with the augmented reality game's updates, nor with catching all the eggs, nor downloading radars, nor with cheats and hacks, nor with the Plus version... In other words, if you're also into the universe the revolves around these creatures you can download this game to start battling it out.
The franchise resulting from the RPG game is stronger than ever.
Charmander, Pikachu, Snorlax, Bulbasaur, Metapod, Charizard... you can find them all in this title that revives one of the most surprising phenomena that we've ever seen in the world of video games. However, this one isn't about augmented reality, pokédex or gyms. This is just a classic board game.