Android's most successful real-time strategy game
Clash of Clans is one of the most popular real-time strategy and management games for Android, with an impressive number of downloads of over half a billion downloads from Google Play alone. With this data, Supercell's game is one of the most profitable games in history. On the one hand, thanks to its in-app purchase system, and on the other hand, because it is an extremely fun and addictive game that keeps you interested with its events, missions, and upgrades.
Barbarians, mages with fiery fireballs, and other troops await you. Discover the world of Clash of Clans!
It is not based on any revolutionary concept of the genre: it rather follows the classic formula of this type of videogames, although it incorporates some elements typical of the current platforms, such as the multiplayer mode or the constant updates.
There are many features of this successful game, including the following:
- Build your village from scratch and turn it into an impenetrable fortress.
- Build an army with all kinds of different military units.
- Fight against players from all over the world.
- Form clans with other players.
- Participate in epic battles between clans.
- Create alliances, work with your clan in Clan Games, and win items.
- Build dozens of different units with different levels of improvement.
- Try various combinations of troops, spells, heroes, and support troops.
- Defend your village with cannons, towers, mortars, bombs, traps, and walls.
- Unlock epic heroes such as the barbarian king, the archer queen, the royal fighter, or the war machine, among others.
- Enjoy the attacks and defenses of your allies in spectator mode.
- Learn new tactics and experiment with your army and troops in the practice mode.
- Get exclusive hero skins and scenery to customize your village.
What types of units and buildings are available in the game?
The game offers different troop units as well as buildings that serve different functions.
- Defensive buildings: they fulfill the mission of defending the village from enemy attacks. This group includes Cannon, Archer Tower, Mortar, Air Defense, Wizard Tower, Air Sweeper, Bomb Tower, Hidden Tesla, X-Bow, Giga Inferno, Eagle Artillery, Giga Tesla, Giga Inferno, Inferno Tower, Builder's Hut, Scattershot, Walls, and Traps.
- Resource building: these are the buildings used to get the resources (money) to improve the village, train troops, and speed up and buy other resources. These resources are gold, elixir, dark elixir, and gems. Among these buildings, we will find the Town Hall, Gold Mine, Elixir Collector, Dark Elixir Drill, Gold Storage, Elixir Storage, Dark Elixir Storage, and the Clan Castle that serves as the treasury.
- Army buildings: they are used to train, improve, and obtain new troops and military units. These buildings are the Builder Hall, Town Hall, the Star Laboratory, and the Battle Machine.
- Other buildings: these are buildings that are not offensive, defensive, or provide resources, but are needed for the management of different aspects of the clan. For example, the Ship to travel to the Builder's Base, the Clock Tower to speed up time, or the decorations and obstacles.
Among the troops, there are also different divisions and units within them, each with a different mission and power. There are units which powers and attack strength can tip the balance in a battle to our side:
- Elixir troops: these are the ones trained in the normal Barracks and more will be unlocked by upgrading the Barracks. They are Barbarian, Archer, Goblin, Giant, Wall Breaker, Balloon, Wizard, Healer, Dragon, P.E.K.K.A., Baby Dragon, Miner, Electric Dragon, Yeti, and Dragon Rider.
- Dark Elixir Troops: are obtained thanks to the dark elixir. They can only be trained in the Dark Barracks. They are Minion, Hog Rider, Valkyrie, Golem, Witch, Lava Hound, Bowler, Ice Golem, and Headhunter.
- Heroes: the most powerful troops. They are immortal and are trained only once. They can be defeated and then they must regenerate. They are the Barbarian King, Archer Queen, Grand Warden, and Royal Champion.
- Spells: they are not military forces but spells created in the laboratory. It takes 10 minutes to make them. There are Lightning, Healing, Fury, Jump, Ice, Clone, and Invisibility spells.
- Dark spells: these are made in the Dark Spell Factory. You can use Poison, Earthquake, Haste, Skeletons, and Bats spells.
- Siege machines: they are special weapons created in the Workshop and are used to transport troops from the Clan Castle. They are the Wall Breaker, Battle Blimp, Stone Slammer, Siege Barracks, and the Log Launcher.
- Pets: they are unlocked from the Pet Hut and are used to support the Heroes in battle. They are L.A.S.S.I., Electro Owl, Mighty Yak, and Unicorn.
- Non-combatants: these are workers who live in the village to perform other tasks unrelated to the fighting. The builder, the villager, the merchant, the master builder, Strongman, and O.T.T.O.
To improve your facilities, like everything else in life, you will need money. This resource in the game comes in the form of four different elements, each with different properties:
- Gold: it is obtained in the mines and once collected and stored, it lets you build and improve buildings, rearm traps, buy ornaments, improve walls, and so on.
- Elixir: obtained through elixir collectors and used to buy and upgrade troops, army buildings, upgrade the dark elixir storehouse, upgrade and buy gold mines, and more.
- Dark Elixir: Dark Elixir is a resource used to purchase and improve the Barbarian King and the Archer Queen. It is also used to train troops in the Dark Barracks.
- Gems: how and where to buy gems for Clash of Clans are the two most asked questions by many users of the game. To acquire them, you have to use the official channels offered by the application and use real money. However, there are other more time-consuming ways to get them, such as completing achievements. They can be used to buy gold, elixir, dark elixir, and the Constructor's Hut; they can also be used to accelerate upgrades and complete troop training.
News from the latest version
- Free army training in your village.
- Quickly donate any super troop to any clan member's castle.
- Quality improvements.
Requirements and additional information:
- Minimum operating system requirements: Android 4.1.
- Offers in-app purchases.
Hi, I’m Lauriane Guilloux. I grew up surrounded by gadgets and technology and everyone who knows me assumes that it will always be one of my greatest interests. I’ve evolved hand-in-hand with PCs, laptops, video gaming consoles, smartphones,...