Within the category of real-time strategy games for Android, Clash of Clans has been the king for quite some time. The game developed by Supercell has become one of the most profitable titles of all time thanks to the monetization system of in-app purchases, but also due to the fact that it's a fun and addictive game capable of gluing anyone to their screen.
Clearly inspired by classics of the likes of Warcraft, Command & Conquer or Dune.
It isn't based on any approach that intends to revolutionize the game genre: instead, it follows the classic formula of this kind of video game, although it incorporates other elements inherent to modern games such as multiplayer modes and constant updates
Cheats and hacks for Clash of Clans
Building your village, training your troops and fighting against the rest of players online will be the challenges you're faced with in Clash of Clans. If you want to know how to build the best defense, how to evolve faster or how to build a level-8 town hall, you can always take a look at the many tutorials and tips for Clash of Clans available on the Internet, in forums, wikis, etc.
An Age of Empires for Android.
This is a game that loads of people would love to have on their PC. Unfortunately, for the time being, it can only be played on a phone or tablet unless we resort to an emulator like BlueStacks. At present, it's the most popular war strategy game.
This video gaming hit comes along with loads of different features, but we'd like to point out the following:
- Build your village from scratch and turn it into an unassailable fortress.
- Build an army with all sorts of different military units.
- Fight against players from all over the world.
- Form clans against other players.
- Take part in epic battles between clans.
- Builds dozens of different units with different improvement levels.
- Try out different combinations of troops, spells, heroes and backups.
- Defend your village with cannons, towers, mortars, bombs, traps and walls.
What kind of units and buildings can I find in the game?
This game offers us different troop units as well as buildings that fulfill different functions:
- Defensive buildings: with the mission to defend the village against enemy attacks. They include cannons, archer towers, mortar, air defenses, wizard towers, air sweepers, hidden teslas, bomb towers, x-bows, inferno towers, eagle artillery and walls.
- Resource buildings: these are the buildings with which you can increase your resources (money) to improve your village, train troops and speed up and purchase other resources, including gold, elixir, dark elixir and gems. These buildings include gold mines, elixir collectors, dark elixir drills, gold storages, elixir storages, dark elixir storages and builder's huts.
- Army buildings: where you can train, improve and get hold of new troops and military units. We're talking about army camps, barracks, dark barracks, laboratories, spell factories, dark spell factories, barbarian king altars, archer queen altars or grand warden altars.
- Other buildings: necessary to manage different aspects of your clan. Here we can include the town hall, clan castle, decorations and obstacles.
Within the troops, we can also find different divisions and units. Each one has its own mission and power. Tiers 1, 2 and 3 are strike forces, the cheapest ones in the game, but not at all useless. The key is knowing how to combine them with higher forces:
- Tier 1: barbarian, archer and goblin.
- Tier 2: giant, wallbreaker, balloon and wizard.
- Tier 3: healer, dragon, P.E.K.K.A., baby dragon and miner.
From here on, we'll find units whose powers and strike force can help us bring the battle to our side:
- Dark Elixir Troops: obtained thanks to dark elixir. They can only be trained in the dark barracks. We're talking about minions, hog riders, valkyries, golems, watches, lava hounds and bowlers.
- Heroes: the most powerful troops. They're immortal and are only trained once. They can be defeated and regenerated. These are the barbarian king, archer queen and grand warden.
- Spells: they are not military forces but spells created in a lab. They take about 10 minutes to be made. You can use lightning spells, healing spells, rage spells, jump spells, freeze spells and clone spells
- Dark Spells: the latter are made in the dark spell factory. You can use poison spells, earthquake spells, haste spells and skeleton spells.
The game's resources
Just like in real life, to be able to improve your facilities you're going to need money. Within the game, this resource is represented by four different elements, each one with its own properties:
- Gold: dug up in mines, and once collected and stored, it allows you to build and improve your buildings, rearm your troops, purchase decorations, improve walls, etc.
- Elixir: collected by elixir collectors, it can be used to purchase and improve troops, army buildings, dark elixir storages and gold mines...
- Dark Elixir: a resource that can be used to purchase and improve barbarian kings and queen archers. It can also be used to train dark troops within the dark barracks.
- Gems: where and how to buy gems for Clash of Clans are two of the questions that most gamers ask about this game. To get them you'll have to use any of the channels offered by the app to do so and spend your real-life money, but you can also resort to other methods that take more time, like completing achievements. With the latter, you can purchase gold, elixir, dark elixir and a builder's hut. You can also speed up the updates and complete the training of troops.
The most profitable game of all time?
We can definitely say that Supercell made a wise decision with this game. Despite being totally free to download, thanks to its optional in-app purchases that allow players to acquire new improvements without any effort, it has become one of the most profitable mobile games. Nobody should be surprised to see it leading the top grossing rankings of stores in countries all over the world.
What's new in the latest version
- The latest version implements improvements and corrects errors that haven't been specified by the developers.