Audio sequencers, also known as DAWs (Digital Audio Workstations), were traditionally programs that were hard to handle for average users, due to the need to include the maximum amount of features possible and specially, to offer the best sound quality. That was until Ableton Live was launched.
Live will inspire you.
Welcome to the most versatile and intuitive program of the sequencer market. Ableton Live is a multitrack audio station with MIDI support focused on live music gigs, yet equally valid to work in a studio. Record, edit and mix music in a revolutionary way.
- Real-time multitrack audio and MIDI sequencer.
- Record audio with a depth of up to 32 bits and a 192 kHz sample frequency.
- Two working modes: Session and Arrangement.
- Non-destructive editing. Endless undo command.
- VST support.
- Warp engine to treat audio samples flexibly.
- Includes its own collection of instruments and effects.
- Use it together with external control surfaces.
- Import and export video.
- Compatible file formats: AIFF, WAV, MP3, OGG Vorbis, and FLAC.
- Work with other sequencers by means of Rewire.
- Includes support for The Bridge, the Serato integration system.
Music producers, DJs, live musicians... Any sound professional will be able to know how to obtain what he needs from Ableton Live. Ableton Live allows you to create music of any genre.
Two working modes to enhance your creativity
If you're focused on live gigs, all you need is Session, also known as Clips view. It's a non-linear mode in which you'll be able to record and play your ideas immediately in the order of your choice, a very flexible way to compose with absolute freedom and improvisation.
Do you want to transfer all that workflow to a traditional project based on a timeline? Press the record button and register all the activity in real-time thanks to the Arrangement view. It's the traditional way to work with audio sequencers, with the tracks divided vertically and the timeline to distribute the events.
With Ableton Live you'll be able to combine both working methods to complete a music composing process which is unique to the date, offering extraordinary possibilities. Create music in a creative and intuitive way, combining improvisation with set guidelines.