To uninstall AppLock you just have to follow the same process you would carry out with any other Android app:
- Step 1: go to the Settings menu and navigate to the app manager.
- Step 2: find AppLock in the list of apps.
- Step 3: select the app and tap on Uninstall.
Another way of uninstalling AppLock is from Google Play. Just find the app in the store and then tap its Uninstall button instead of Buy Now.
But what happens if you have used AppLock to block access to Settings or the uninstall is being blocked? Remember that blocking Settings and preventing Uninstall are just two of AppLock’s many functions, and these are the steps you need to follow to defeat it on this occasion:
- Step 1: access the app by entering the unlock code.
- Step 2: go to AppLock’s main menu, headed Privacy.
- Step 3: check that the Google Play Store and Settings options are unlocked. If they are locked, you need to unlock them.
In any case, it must be said that uninstalling AppLock should never be a big problem – because you would have had to enter the unlock code in the first place to access these functions. If you’ve forgotten it, then of course you would have to use the email account you used to set the app up to get access to your account information without triggering the tripwire and disabling the device.
As we have seen, the uninstallation of AppLock is only difficult if you’ve forgotten the unlock code, but then you’re possibly not using it much anyway.