Communicate through XMPP
XMPP, previously known as Jabber, is an open-source communications protocol conceived to be used in instant messaging. It's based on XML and has been used by services of the likes of Facebook or WhatsApp. And this Conversations for Android is a very easy-to-use client based on this protocol that hardly uses any resources.
A simple client for XMPP communications
Equipped with a simple user interface, this XMPP communications app offers us all the following functions and features:
- Messages encrypted end-to-end.
- Possibility to send and receive images.
- Interface designed following Android's guidelines.
- Synchronization with the desktop client.
- Integration with our address book.
- Support for multiple accounts.
- Possibility to set a profile image.
- Low battery consumption.
- Possibility to send images and other files.
- Confirmation of messages received and read.
- Organize chats by means of tags.
- Group conversations.
If you want to make the most of the advantages of the XMPP protocol for communications, such as decentralization or security, download the APK of this instant messaging and chat app to communicate with whoever you want.
Requirements and additional information:
- Minimum operating system requirements: Android 4.1.
- The installation of the app by means of the APK file requires the activation of the "Unknown sources" option within Settings>Applications.
With a degree in History, and later, in Documentation, I have over a decade of experience testing and writing about apps: reviews, guides, articles, news, tricks, and more. They have been countless, especially on Android, an operating system...