Although we already know that Google has its own assistant and that the fact that it comes built-in on Android makes it more recommendable than any other option on our smartphones, there are other alternatives. Certain users accustomed to spending many hours on their PC may find the Microsoft virtual assistant, Cortana, to be a worthwhile addition to their phone.
Take your smart digital assistant to your phone in order to help you keep up to date with the important stuff, wherever you are.
The Cortana app, a totally free digital assistant developed by the behemoth that is Microsoft, will help users by showing them important daily reminders, creating notes and lists, managing the calendar, or performing basic tasks, such as making calls or even writing messages.
Cortana stands out for the range of functions and features that it offers and these are the main ones:
- Allows users to set reminders according to location, calendar, or contacts.
- Saves lists and notes.
- Keeps an eye on the calendar and notifies users of meetings, trips, or events.
- Shows traffic updates, relevant news, or the weather forecast.
- Offers recommendations or updates in line with user tastes and interests.
- Allows users to configure and control other compatible devices.
- Helps us to make calls or send messages.
- Shows reminders for appointments made by email if users have Office 365 or Outlook.com.