Amazon has long ceased to be just an online store. It has embarked on different businesses and projects, and one of them is its virtual assistant and all the its associated devices. Amazon Alexa is the app for Android that allows you to control devices equipped with the technology with which you can listen to music, follow all the news and weather forecast, or create shopping lists.
The more you use Alexa, the more it adapts to your speech, vocabulary, behavior patterns, and personal preferences.
Using the Alexa Settings app, you can manage and take care of the following:
- Configure Alexa-integrated devices such as smart lights, compatible thermostat, and official devices, including the Echo Dot speaker, Echo Auto, and Echo Flex.
- Explore and activate recommended Alexa Skills (Amazon's virtual assistant apps).
- Create routines to automate tasks.
- Connect to Amazon Music and listen to songs or playlists on Echo speakers.
- Organize day-to-day life by managing to-do lists and shopping, managing alarms, checking the weather and news, etc.
- Call or send messages to Alexa-enabled devices.
- Make instant and hands-free calls between Echo devices in the home using the Drop In option.
What's new in the latest version
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.