One of the advantages of Android over iPhone has always been its native file explorer. It's much more flexible than the one on iOS, much more similar to what we'd find on our PC, for instance, on Windows or Mac. But that doesn't mean that it can't be improved or expanded.
The best file explorer for Android?
Well, we wouldn't go so far but ES File Explorer is definitely one of the most complete apps around to be able to manage the content of our smartphone, going way beyond any other thing we may have seen, not only on a smartphone or tablet but also on operating systems of the likes of Windows 7 or Windows 10.
Don't just settle for Android's manager: take full control of your device.
You've only got to download the APK to realize how many functions and features are offered in this manager, providing the user with full control over different areas of his mobile device:
- A file manager that allows the installation of applications and checks compressed files. Carry out all sorts of actions such as cutting and pasting, creating, removing, moving, renaming, searching, sharing, sending, hiding, creating shortcuts...
- Multimedia explorer that allows you to play music and videos, and open images and documents.
- Cloud storage similar to other online services such as Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, or Box.
- Manage applications by classifying them, installing and uninstalling them, or creating backups.
- Manage files remotely from your computer. Access them by means of WiFi.
- Compress and decompress files in RAR and ZIP format.
- A tool to view text in different formats, including an editor.
- Functions for FTP and WebDAV clients to control files on servers just as if they were stored on the device's SD card.
- Search for files by means of a Bluetooth connection between connected devices.
- Function to clean and remove useless files on our phone.
- Increase the speed and release RAM memory by deleting running tasks.
- Management tools for root users.
As you can see, this alternative explorer for Android, which is no longer on Google Play, expands the functions that we're used to seeing on our mobile operating system.
What's new in the latest version
- No changelog available.