Smartphones have gradually replaced many ordinary tools that we used to use in our daily life. And that includes notepads and personal organizers, that have seen how dozens of applications have been developed to offer the user an information organization system that greatly exceeds whatever we had seen up to now in the analog world.
In this sense, one of the most efficient services is definitely Evernote. This application comes along not only with a version for iPhone, but also an APK for Android, apart from being available on other platforms such as Mac, Windows and online on the web, just in case we want to access it from any other operating system without having to download the application (from a Linux PC for instance).
The best application to organize personal information
And if it's not the best, it's almost there because it works by means of a system of notepads where we can write down any idea or concept to which we can associate all kinds of items, from web pages or office documents to multimedia and video contents. And we don't even have to worry about how to take that to our computer desktop because it comes along with a function that automatically synchronizes all our contents.
Create work notes, study notes or leisure notes, and separate them in different notepads.
If you take a look at its main features and functions, you'll soon realize how it can help you out to organize your tasks or any idea that you need to remember, whether for work or for your personal life:
- Write, gather or collect ideas with the help of notes, notepads, checklists and task lists.
- Create notes in different formats such as text, drawings, audio, video, PDF, photos, screenshots of web pages...
- Built-in camera function to scan, digitize, and organize paper documents.
- Give your notes a format thanks to its text processor.
- Sync all your contents on the rest of your devices.
- Improve the productivity of your work team by sharing notes with other users and configuring them as collaborative.
- Make use of 3D Touch to quickly create and search for notes or draw on notes with pressure-sensitive ink.
How much does Evernote cost?
We're talking about one of the best task managers around (GTD or Getting Things Done) and it can be downloaded for free. However, it also offers us two subscription plans: Premium and Business. The first one of them is focused on particular users that need more functions, whilst the second one has been developed for organizations and work groups with loads of members.
It's definitely one of the best alternatives to Microsoft's OneNote, an app that it's always compared to in order to see which one is better.