Any self-respecting old gamer must have spent some time with one of the most popular strategy game sagas: Civilization. Well, if there is one reading or you yourself, young generation Z, you can revive old laurels with Freeciv.
Strategy game based on the classic Civilization
This game is based on Civilization I and II. Here you can choose a country and turn it into a successful civilization, making it progress in the philosophical, scientific, artistic and technological fields. From mastering fire or inventing the wheel to launching yourself into the conquest of space. Of course you'll have to go through all the intermediate stages like wars, great discoveries or epidemics... some of these things are not completely overcome.
However, there are some exceptions to the original Civilization, such as the ability to play online against hundreds of users simultaneously. These are its main features:
- Rules of play similar to Civilization I and II.
- It supports games of up to 500 players simultaneously.
- Great variety in maps and scenarios.
- Editor is included to be able to design your own.
- More than 500 different nations and civilizations.
- Translations to dozens of languages.