Before the arrival of low-end Android Go devices, Google is gradually introducing us to all its main applications adapted to this kind of devices. We're talking about lighter applications that require fewer resources to work correctly, sacrificing certain additional functions.
To the date, the Internet giant had presented YouTube Go, Maps Go or Google Go, amongst other apps, but was still missing one of its main tools: its email client Gmail.
The lightweight version of Gmail has arrived for Android Go.
Gmail Go, just like its big brother, offers us a smart inbox that will help us to organize correctly all our emails, as well as protecting our messages, on a clear and complete interface that shows us all the options available with the maximum simplicity:
- A smarter inbox designed to consume fewer hardware resources and be faster.
- Great separation between important mail and advertising mail.
- Decent spam filter that protects your account and keeps it clean.
- 15 GB of free storage shared with Google Drive.
- Compatible with several accounts, both Gmail and from other providers.
Gmail Go is already available on Google Play although it can only be downloaded in certain countries and for certain devices. Furthermore, it has been conceived to run on devices equipped with Android Go, only working on smartphones with Android 8.1. For the time being, these requirements are hard to meet but we imagine that sometime soon this lightweight version of Gmail will be the favorite email client of many users.