Google's email service, Gmail, as couldn't be otherwise, also has its own client for Android smartphones and tablets. The latter allows us to access our user accounts with an aspect and options optimized for mobile devices.
The best way to access your account from a smartphone or tablet.
Your access to all Google's services
This account offers you your credentials to access with your user account the entire ecosystem of online applications and services offered by the company with headquarters in Mountain View:
- Search engine.
- Google Play.
Usability above all
The application offers us a clean view of all the contents of our account. Emails appear organized by categories and we can manage each one of them with simple gestures. In turn, its configuration options allow us to manage all our messages really easily. These options can be found in the top left corner.
Among the different features offered by this version for smartphone and tablets, by downloading the APK we'll have access to:
- Inbox tray with messages organized into different categories depending on their type and origin.
- An advanced spam filter.
- 15 GB or storage space.
- Support for multiple accounts.
- Compatible with different accounts: in Gmail you can use addresses from other providers such as Outlook, Yahoo Mail or other email clients that use the IMAP/POP protocol.
- Push notifications.
- Widgets that allow us to monitor email tags from our phone's home screen.
- Built-in search tool for emails.
Without forgetting about the fact that users can carry out all the basic actions, such as writing emails, reading, filing, replying, forwarding, marking as unread, marking as important, adding customized tags or sending them to the junk mail tray.
Gmail's privacy and security
On the one hand, we have nothing to worry about Google's mail system: the company's server encryption and consistency make it complicated for anyone to access our account unless we've been very careless with our password or we've left our phone unlocked.
But, on the other, you know that your emails are read by their robots to offer you personalized adverts that may interest you depending on the contents of your emails.
In any case, if you're not too concerned about this issue, the application is almost a must on your device... provided that you use Google's mailing service, of course.
What's new in the latest version
- The new features of the latest version of the application haven't been specified by its developers. We understand that they have to do with stability and performance improvements and don't introduce any drastic changes.