Viewer with basic image editing and organization
If you're looking for an image viewer that not only allows you to organize and browse through them, but also to edit and prepare them to be printed out, you might find it useful to take a look at Gwenview.
Much more than just an image manager.
This is a program capable of handling image formats compatible with KDE environments, such as PNG, JPEG and XCF. Its design efficiently combines a toolbar full of options, with the user's need to view images easily and quickly.
Gwenview is full of options and tools that, once you get used to using them, will become almost essential to process your images:
- Simple image editing: tools to rotate, mirror, flip or change size.
- Support for basic file management actions, such as copy, move, delete and others.
- Runs as a stand-alone application, although it can be embedded into the Konqueror web browser.
- Can be expanded by means of using KIPI plug-ins.
Requirements and additional information:
- This is an Ubuntu version.
- May require the installation of additional libraries.
With a degree in History, and later, in Documentation, I have over a decade of experience testing and writing about apps: reviews, guides, articles, news, tricks, and more. They have been countless, especially on Android, an operating system...