Although many direct download services like the famous Megaupload or Hotfile disappeared some time ago, and despite the fact that web browsers are gradually incorporating better systems to manage direct downloads, that doesn't mean that programs to manage the process of downloading files from the Internet aren't useful anymore. Among the most popular ones, we can get hold of JDownloader, one of the most useful, comfortable and user-friendly programs of this nature.
An all terrain download manager
Ever since version 1, the latter has become of the favorite programs for all users, mainly due to the fact that it's an open-source program maintained by a huge user community. Precisely this condition has led to the implementation of many of the functions demanded by its user base, meeting any of our needs when it comes to downloading files to the Internet.
This program is compatible with almost any web hosting service. In other words, you can use it with Mega or Rapidshare links, as well as with Dropbox or Google Drive. And don't worry about premium services because if you're a registered user on any of these services, you can log in to download without any limitation.
Without a doubt, the most complete download manager you can get hold of at present.
Handling JDownloader is simple. After installing it is only necessary to update the files to start using it. Add the links to the 'Link Capturer', verify their availability and select the files that you want to add to the 'Download' list. Don't forget to accept the TOS (Terms of Service) for each service.
These are some of the functions that you should know about JDownloader:
- Control the progress of any download by means of the start, stop and pause functions.
- Establish the preset bandwidth.
- Automatically extract compressed files.
- Download files from any direct download server.
- Capable of downloading files from YouTube and other kinds of places.
- Automatically capture the links copied to the clipboard.
- Prioritize downloads according to your needs.
- Valid for users which have Premium or free accounts.
- Compatible with plug-ins that improve its functions.
- Possibility to limit both the maximum amount of downloads as well as the download speed.
- Download files without having to input captchas.
- Support to import DLC, CCF or RSFD container files.
And although there are versions for other platforms such as Linux, specially Ubuntu-based distros, and Mac, we'll still have to wait to use this application on Android. However, on this mobile operating system for smartphones and tablets, we can download the APK that can be used as a remote control for the official client thanks to MyJDownloader Remote Official. It's the official free app to manage or downloads on a Windows PC from our Android device.