Kdenlive is an open-source project launched back in 2003 for Linux and under development ever since then that thas now landed on Windows. It's a video editing and mounting software adapted to all levels from the most basic to professional usage.
If you decided to download and try out this software, you'll be able to access loads of free tools and options that will be very useful when it comes to working with video:
- Allows us to use several audio and video channels at once and organized them however we need to.
- Includes several tools to create 2D titles: alignment, fonts, color, shadows, rotation and zoom, templates...
- Wide range of effects and transitions available: color correction, transformations, visual filters...
- Plenty of audio and video analysis instruments: Audio Meter, Waveform, Vectorscope...
- Automatically create low-resolution backups of the source-clips to be able to edit them on other computers.
- Allows us to schedule automatic backups every five minutes to make sure we don't lose any of our work.
- There are several preset themes for the interface, adapted to the user's different needs.
- Apart from the default options, we can also download more resources such as rendering settings, effects or transitions.