For quite some time, TikTok Musical.ly has been one of the most successful social applications used to create short videos. As many of you already know, Facebook keeps a strategy based on hoarding all online communications in terms of social networks and platforms. It started off with its own social network and it has gradually purchased other services of the likes of WhatsApp and Instagram (it even tried to acquire Snapchat). Now, in view of TikTok's success, it has released its own alternative: Lasso. With this app, we can do just like any tiktoker and post short recordings with soundtracks and create memes for the delight of our followers.
An app aimed at youngsters
The idea behind this new application by Facebook, Inc. is to draw the attention of the youngest members of the society, the most common users of this kind of app. That's why the interface of Facebook's TikTok has been reduced to the minimum expression, giving priority to browsing contents through hashtags as well as creating videos.
You won't find too many differences between Lasso and TikTok, as can be proven by taking a look at the list of functions and features of this application. The guys at the creative department of Menlo Park haven't had to rack their brains too much to come up with this app:
- A wide range of tools: it comes along with functions to edit videos as well as effects, tools to integrate text into videos, music for recordings,... all the latter within the app, being able to apply everything in real-time.
- A great music library: Facebook tries to show off with one of the hugest music libraries that ranges between classics and the most modern music trends. You'll definitely find the song you're looking for for your videos.
- Find out what's trendy: forget about browsing through categories because Lasso sorts all its contents by hashtags so that the video layout combines tagging with trending contents.
- Share your story: as it's connected to Facebook, you can project your creativity also on your profile on this social network. You can do so with a single tap but, in any case, you can always control what and where you're sharing everything.
We'll soon see the reception of Zuckerberg's new toy and find out if it's capable of competing against TikTok or it turns out to be just another IGTV that isn't capable of putting up a fight against YouTube.
What's new in the latest version
- Fixes minor bugs in the app.