We're not talking about the Argentinian tango, nor Tango, Charlie, Alpha, Bravo, or even Tango and Cash. We're here to tell you about Tango - Live Video Broadcast, the application for Android and iPhone (and that had a Windows PC version back then) that offers us the chance to make free phone calls to other users by means of the VoIP protocol.
A great alternative to Skype
It's hard not to compare this software with possibly the best application to make free or cheap phone calls from our phone. The truth is that Tango isn't as good as Microsoft's app as the latter incorporates a wallet function with which we can purchase credit to call landlines and mobile phones from all over the world.
But if we're not thinking about calling landlines and mobiles, this app could be exactly what we're looking for. Basically, because it's a chat and messaging application of the likes of WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger or Telegram with much more advanced functions to make voice and video calls. In fact, that's one of the features that it has taken advantage of ever since the beginning, turning it into the favorite application of millions of users when it comes to seeing the face of the people we're talking to, even if we're miles apart.
Voice and video calls in HD quality and for free.
- Free calls with high image and sound quality.
- Call any other phone that has the app installed.
- Share photos, news, status updates...
- Send text messages and chat with your contacts.
- Customize messages by adding videos, stickers, and emojis.
- Discover new users to chat with by exploring public profiles.
- Add interesting people to Favorites.
- Games to play online against your contacts: there are over 15 with titles such as Three in a Row or Checkers.
And as we said a few lines above, there was a desktop version for Windows some years ago. The latter no longer exists but there are other ways to do so as you can always download the Android APK and use an emulator of the likes of BlueStacks, Nox App Player or Andy to run it from your desktop. In any case, bearing in mind all these modern devices that we've now got access to and the quality of 4G, 5G, and WiFi connections, it might not be worth leaving our smartphone or tablet aside to use our PC.