If you've recently dropped your old phone with an Android version prior to 6.0 Marshmallow in favor of a new one, you might have noticed that the app to make phone calls has changed. All phone communications are now controlled by Google Phone so that the guys at Mountain View can improve the management of our calls and contacts.
A more efficient management of our calls
This application has been developed with the idea to offer the user the possibility to manage calls, video calls, and the identification of incoming calls and everything else related to the phone spam in a much more efficient manner. And it does so thanks to all the following features and functions:
- Google Duo video calls: it incorporates functions to manage the video call service offered by this Google app. However, you'll need to have it installed on your phone. By simply tapping the call log, the search bar or your contact's ID card, you can communicate by means of video messages and even during the call in course by simply tapping a button.
- Anti-spam protection: fed up with so many annoying calls trying to sell you something that you don't really need? There's no problem because you'll be shown a warning about possible spammers and offered the possibility to report suspicious calls.
- Call identification: by means of the call ID you can know who's calling before answering, showing you company names next to the phone number on your screen.
- Block incoming calls: with this function the reception of calls, only allowing you to receive calls from a safe contact list.
- Visual voicemail: you'll no longer have to call your voicemail to manage your messages, as you can check them, play them, and delete them from the app and even download the audio. However, this service isn't yet available for all companies.
- Search for phone numbers: before, you had to go to your browser or Google's app to search for a phone number. Now you won't need to because the app itself offers this service so you can find a number and make the call without having to switch apps and copying and pasting text.
- Emergency location: are you in trouble and you need to call 112, 911 or any other emergency number? The app can share with those services your location so that they can get to you much quicker.
All the latter from a very functional and clear interface adapted to Google's typical design for its products. Download its APK right now from Malavida and start enjoying a better way to make phone calls. And it works on all devices, not only on Google's Pixel or Nexus.