If there is one application that comes to mind when you think of video calls over the Internet, it is Skype. It was already so in the past, but even more so when it was acquired by Microsoft and enhanced its functions to become one of the most powerful programs in terms of domestic communication (although it is also widely used in professional environments).
Instant messaging, calls and video calls
And this is exactly what the Android version of the application offers and why downloading its APK becomes one of the best options available to us if we want to communicate for free (or cheaply if we make external calls to landlines and mobiles): you only need a data connection or Wi-Fi to make calls, video calls and chat with all Skype users.
Don't just listen to the greetings, now you can see it all!
It has all the necessary options to offer complete and easy communication:
- Set up HD video calls and talk face-to-face with your contacts.
- Make video and group calls with up to 24 people.
- Chat with any Skype user or in a group.
- Mention users by using the at sign.
- SMS service allows you to read and reply to SMS from your phone in the desktop version of Skype.
- The user can send photos and videos and save them in the camera album.
- To enhance communication, the user can use emoticons, GIFs from Giphy or add notes on images in their conversations.
- It includes a screen sharing option to make plans, show work or presentations.
- Different payment plans can be purchased to make calls to landlines and mobiles at affordable prices.
- You can talk to anyone, no matter what operating system they use Skype on.
And does it pay to download the application? And so much, because if we take into account how many Skype users we find (at least in Microsoft's words) that there are more than 300 million. It is easy that some of your regular contacts use it then, right?
There are few applications that shorten the distance between people as much as this one. Thanks to Skype, the world can talk to each other. Messages, calls or video calls, you choose how you communicate.
What's new in the latest version
- Option to blur the background in video calls.
- Updated custom reaction selector.
- Bug fixes and stability improvements.