The trendiest Asian photo editor
There are loads of photo enhancement apps out there but within this category, there's a new trend that's becoming a rage: apps focused on the Asian audience. Youngsters born in the land of manga and anime have quite a peculiar aesthetic taste: they love looking like their animated idols with huge eyes, disproportionate heads, and too much makeup.
Meitu, a free application for iPhone and iPad, allows users to modify (we dare not say improve) all their selfies to transform them into an image worthy of Sailor Moon's WhatsApp profile pic, using up to 50 different real-time filters by means of the FX Camera.
Options available in this Asian photo app
- Removes minor skin flaws or spots.
- Includes automatic enhancement that improves all the aspects of the photo with a single screen tap.
- Basic tools to flip, rotate or enlarge images.
- All sorts of effects, brushes, colors, wallpapers, fonts and frames to be applied.
- Allows you to remove the background of a photo.
- Possibility to share the result on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, among other social networks.
For quite some time, social networks have been killing the naturalness of people. This application has managed to go a step further, turning its users into disproportionate dolls. If you want to smoothen your skin, increase the size of your legs, have huge bulging eyes and put on more makeup than a clown, this application is for you.
Requirements and additional information:
- Minimum operating system requirements: iOS 9.0.
- Compatible with:
- iPod touch
- Offers in-app purchases.
Hi, I’m Lauriane Guilloux. I grew up surrounded by gadgets and technology and everyone who knows me assumes that it will always be one of my greatest interests. I’ve evolved hand-in-hand with PCs, laptops, video gaming consoles, smartphones,...