If we told you that there's a mobile application to edit photos that has over 400 million users all over the world, which one do you think we're talking about? Some of you might say it's the mobile version of Photoshop, others would for apps of the style of Retrica or Snapseed, and even some of you would dare to mention Instagram, even if it's more like a social network. But no, we're not referring to any of the latter but to PicsArt Photo Studio - Picture Editor Collage Maker, the number one photo editing, collage and meme creating, camera, clipart, and drawing app in the world. That's according to its developers, according to us it's the second best thing stemming from Armenia after System of a Down.
The number one photo editing software for mobile phones.
And although photo editing is the main function of this application for iPhone and iPad (also available for Android, in APK format, and PCs with Windows 8.1 and 10 downloadable from the Microsoft Store), what makes it stand out above the rest of similar applications is its great social nature. Yes, we can share our creations and enhanced photos on all usual channels such as Facebook, Instagram or WhatsApp, but it also includes its own platform that works like a social network where we can post our photos, follow artists, and discover nearby artists. And all the latter, seasoned with everything we can expect from this kind of tool: filters, effects, stickers, emojis, collages, memes... You won't be missing anything to be able to modify your photos.
How to use PicsArt?
The truth is that there's no secret behind how to use this enhancement tool for free. It works just like any other similar app: just take a photo or load one from your gallery, start exploring the different effects and filters available, preview the result, save your creation, and upload it to your networks. It looks like a simple app, doesn't it? And it is, as well as being very complete and powerful, as it includes all these features and functions:
- Edit any photo of your gallery or taken straight from the app.
- Basic editing tools such as merging, cropping and resizing images.
- Apply as many filters and effects as you want. How many are there? Thousands.
- Upload your creations to your usual social networks or the application's own platform.
- There you can follow other users, like photos, and discover nearby artists.
- Take part in daily photo enhancement challenges to prove your skills as an 'enhancer'.
- Create collages and mosaics to put together several photos.
- Clipart with text fonts, emojis, and backgrounds for your images.
- Magic effects based on the artificial intelligence of this software.
- Official tutorials with tips and advice on how to use the application.
PicsArt vs Snapseed, Retrica, and Instagram, which one's better?
Aren't you fed up with so much rivalry within the world of apps as if we couldn't have more than one application of the same nature installed on our phone? That's why we've spent over 1,000 dollars on our new iPhone 7 with 256 GB of internal memory. To have as many apps as possible.
Although if that's not the case, and you really need to know which one to stick to, we'd obviously go for Instagram, not because it offers us more filters and effects (because that's not true) but because it's the in thing and, in any case, why else would you want to enhance your pictures on PicsArt if you weren't going to upload them to the social network of photography par excellence? Regarding, the other two alternatives, we could say that Snapseed is a more serious and professional photo editor, lacking the artistic nature that we can find here, whilst in the case of Retrica we can praise its functions to work with GIFs and videos, but it's still not as good as this application.
What's new in the latest version?
- Solution of bugs and correction of minor errors.