The iPhone version of the best photo editing app
For quite some time in the field of photo editing and enhancement that any technique relative to modifying a picture has taken the name of its most representative product. Carrying out adjustments on an image to hide flaws, creating funny montages or manipulating any kind of image has been called photoshopping. And that's basically because Adobe's graphical editor has become the most renowned and popular tool in the field of image processing.
The king of photo editing
Exactly, Photoshop is the most famous photo enhancement program that we can download for Windows or macOS. Therefore, nobody can be honestly surprised about this adaptation for mobile devices, whether Android in APK format or iOS, with versions for iPhone and iPad.
We have to point out that the Express version released for smartphones and tablets isn't as complicated as the programs for Mac and PC: that's where we can make the most of all the features of this professional software that requires plenty of dedication if we want to know to use all its different features.
Photos with professional studio quality in just a few minutes.
So, forget about anything you may have seen in CS5, CS6, CC 2015, CC 2017 or whichever version: this app has been designed for users that don't want complications when it comes to editing photos. For such purpose, it comes along with a series of presets that makes any editing task lighter and faster. Or can you imagine spending hours editing pics on your phone? It doesn't sound very practical.
Having said that, here are the main features and functions of this application:
- Quick system to edit images.
- Correct and optimize any photo.
- Create your own filters and save them for future projects.
- Interact by pinching, pressing or dragging to modify the position or size of a photo.
- Frame and zoom in or out with a couple of screen taps.
- Quickly change the thickness of the border and colors.
- Share the results with any contact.
- Tool to create collages.
- Synchronize your photo galleries with Creative Cloud, Dropbox, Facebook, and Google Photos.
- Compatible with the following formats:: JPG, PNG, and RAW.
And now it's time to answer that question that's been haunting you: where can I download Photoshop for free? Well, there's no need to keep on going on about it because this Express version is totally free. You only have to pay in-app purchases to get hold of different elements apart from the basic editor, such as filters, effects, and other packs.
In any case, you might be looking for alternatives and since the photo enhancement field is so broad, you can get hold of plenty of options: Afterlight, Faded, RookieCam… Anyhow, before downloading other apps take into account that Adobe's ecosystem is very extensive and that you can complement this app with others of the likes of Mix, Brush, or Lightroom.
What's new in the latest version?
- New backgrounds for collages.
- New gradient backgrounds in Mix.
- New themes and borders in the editor.
- New Caricature presets in the Retouch tool.
- Mix modes for the editor.
Requirements and additional information:
- Minimum operating system requirements: iOS 14.0.
- Compatible with:
- iPod touch
- Offers in-app purchases.
With a degree in History, and later, in Documentation, I have over a decade of experience testing and writing about apps: reviews, guides, articles, news, tricks, and more. They have been countless, especially on Android, an operating system...