The graphics editing program par excellence, Adobe Photoshop, isn't exclusive to desktop operating systems like Windows or Mac, because now we can use its Express edition for mobile devices, straight from our Android smartphone or tablet to edit, modify and enhance images by means of touch controls.
The mobile version of the best image editor.
It's a lite version of the program that has become a standard in image editing. Its developers haven't been able to pack all the functions and features of the image editor par excellence into less than 100 MB, but they have managed to put in all the basic options that allow us to carry out enhancements, apply filters and effects, and correct flaws on our favorite photos. How about using it to remove objects, make us thinner or even remove clothes? Well, we'll have to leave that to the full desktop version.
How to use Photoshop Express on Android?
As we said before, unlike the desktop version of Adobe's software, using Photoshop from a mobile device, in this case, Android, is very simple and doesn't require any tutorials or manuals. It's also fair to say that it doesn't offer us all the options of the Windows or Mac version, but just the options necessary to carry out tiny edits and enhancements.
Once we download the APK of Photoshop Express (yes, you have to download it, it's not an online application), starting to edit photos and images is as immediate as following these simple instructions:
- Step 1: Choose an image from any of the four possible sources: camera, gallery, Creative Cloud or CC Library (these two last options require a CC account).
- Step 2: The image in question will be opened on the app's interface, being able to edit it to your own liking with the controls located at the bottom of the screen.
- Step 3: Swipe left and right to change the color effect to that of your choice: black and white, shiny, foggy, spring, summer, etc.
- Step 4: Select the cropping tool to change the size of the photo, rotate it, flip it horizontally or vertically or choose a free format, creating the ideal size for your Facebook cover photo or a 6:4 ratio for instance.
- Step 5: With the next control we can adjust basic image parameters such as the contrast, temperature, lighting, shadows, exposure or intensity.
- Step 6: With the button represented by an eye, we can remove the red-eye effect from our photo, distinguishing between people and animals.
- Step 7: The next tab allows us to put our photo in a suitable frame. We can choose between a circle, a thin white or black border or even some sort of wooden frame.
- Step 8: The next option with a plaster symbol allows us to remove flaws from a photo, such as skin imperfections, wrinkles, spots or eye bags.
After carrying out all the previous edits (or just some of them, depending on the needs of each photo), on the upper part of the interface, we can find different buttons that can be very useful. One of them will show us the transition between the original photo and the result of our modifications so we can observe the effect of the changes made, whilst the other one allows us to view the image on a full screen so that we can zoom and observe every detail in depth.
However, we also have to mention that this Photoshop Mobile includes a magic wand tool that allows us to leapfrog many of the steps described above as it implements an automatic editing algorithm to make our photo look perfect without having to browse through all the menus of the application.
What's new in the latest version
- Changes to the size of the watermark.
- Improved vignette.
- Adds new looks and text styles.
- Bug fixes.