Put your Windows 7 Start menu on Windows 8
Changes aren't always welcome. StartIsBack is a program that returns the Start menu and button to Windows 8, just as they were known on Windows 7, the previous version of the OS by Microsoft.
Reluctant to changes
Among the innovations of Windows 8, the removal of the Start menu and its corresponding button is one of the most annoying aspects for users. Install StartIsBack and you'll be able to recover both elements.
Features of StartIsBack
- Always start your session from the traditional desktop.
- Restore the original Windows 7 Start menu with all its features and new styles.
- Balance out the traditional desktop interface and the new Metro interface.
- Use StartIsBack without installing additional programs and without administrator privileges.
- Configure the appearance and behaviour of your menu.
Make your Windows 8 work like Windows 7, removing possibly the most annoying difference between both operating systems: the disappearance of the Start menu and button. Download StartIsBack and improve the usability of the system and your productivity at work.
Requirements and additional information:
- The trial version can be used for 30 days.
- Requires Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012.
As a technology journalist with over 12 years of experience in the world of software and apps, I have had the opportunity to try all kinds of devices and operating systems over the years. I have done from software or mobile applications reviews...