The improvement of our communications has allowed humans to have greater technological mobility. This means that we can move around and travel anywhere without losing touch with the computers and mobile devices we use on a daily basis. And all the latter thanks to TeamViewer, a program that allows us to handle a computer remotely.
Remote connection between devices for whatever you may need
Although its main function is to control other machines. However, the product has been developed taking into account the professional needs of many users. That's why its functions have been expanded to aspects such as online meetings or video conferences, paying special attention to collaborative work.
Share and control desktops remotely, hold online meetings, establish video conferences, transfer files...
The main functions of one of the reference programs in terms of remote connections to other computers are the following:
- Establish VNC connections for the remote control of computers.
- Transfer files and folders between devices.
- Mass implementation of Android Host for users that handle different Android devices.
- Chat function.
- Simplified connection to monitorless Linux systems.
- Simple installation: there are no problems with the configuration of firewalls and routers.
- Encrypted channels to guarantee the security of our communications by means of 1024-bit and 256-bit AES encryption.
- Screenshot and screencast function for the recording of videos.
- Compatible with connections to other operating systems such as Mac, Linux, Chrome OS, Android, iOS and Windows Phone.
When is TeamViewer useful?
This program can be very useful in different common situations: to provide internal technical support within companies or to external clients, to work with two computers at the same time, to hold meetings and collaborations, to work from home, to connect to your PC from a mobile phone...
A much more functional solution than carrying around different pendrives or accessing cloud storage services.
TeamViewer Premium: what are its advantages?
This remote desktop program can be downloaded, installed and used for free but it also offers us different payment plans just in case we haven't got enough with the free and most basic version of this software. Among the latter, we can point out is Premium edition that, for an affordable (or not so affordable) price payable only once and valid for a lifetime, offers us the following additional functions:
- Up to 50 users with a customized session start under the same license.
- Assign and manage up to 400 different devices.
- Connection to mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.
- Online meetings with up to 15 participants.
- Unlimited access to TeamViewer Portable and the use of browser-based connections.
- Software customization with the brand's corporative logo.
- User connection reports.
What are the requirements to use TeamViewer?
The only requirement necessary is to have an active Internet connection. Once the program has been installed on both devices, an ID number is generated to establish the connection between them. And the price? That's one of its advantages as you can use it for free if it isn't for commercial or professional purposes.
Furthermore, you won't have trouble finding guides and tutorials about how to use the program that explain you absolutely everything: which ports it uses or which is the configuration ID.
What's new in the latest version
- Redesign of the Interface.
- Generation of activity reports in Excel, Power BI, and Tableu formats.
- Correction of minor errors.