One of the greatest advantages of Android over iPhone, at least for fandroids, is the great customization capacity of everything that has to do with Google's mobile operating system: themes, launchers, fonts, sounds, permissions, etc. But when it comes to keyboards and the possibility to change our text input method (and not only text but also emojis and GIFs), both platforms have more or less the same options as proved by this TouchPal Keyboard - Swype with animated themes available in both APK format and also for iOS devices.
What is TouchPal and how does it work?
Well, it's basically a mobile keyboard application with which you can write much faster and more comfortable (mainly due to its predictive functions), as well as being able to customize your writing as it incorporates over 1,000 emojis or emoticons, a wide range of animated GIFs, and loads of stickers. All the latter, with the intention to improve our expressivity and offer us greater communication possibilities when using social networks and instant messaging and chat applications of the likes of WhatsApp Facebook Messenger or Snapchat.
Keyboard compatible with over 150 languages.
How to use it and how it works are two relatively simple issues. You've only got to download the application from the Play Store, accept the corresponding permissions for the installation and then enable the keyboard and choose it as your default text input method. Once logged in via Facebook or Google, we'll be able to access an online store from where we can download loads of keyboards, themes, stickers, GIFs, and emojis. Some of them are free, whilst we'll have to pay for others unless we have a premium account in which case we would be able to access all these contents and avoid having to put up with so many adverts:
- Themes to decorate your Android like an iPhone X, a street graffiti or fill it with drops of water.
- Hundreds of fonts to change the default text style of your phone.
- Keyboards to simulate the native keypads of an iPhone 8, a Samsung Galaxy Gold or an Android 7.
- Different emoji collections characterized with adult themes, as zombies or as Olympic athletes.
- Funny stickers to dress up those pictures you send by WhatsApp or Twitter.
- Preset text templates to create cards and quotes.
- Different games to have a fun time.
- News section to follow what's going in the world whilst you choose how to customize your smartphone.
Which one's better? TouchPay 2017 or SwiftKey?
It's hard to say which one is the best in absolute terms, but the truth is that having tried them out both, you have the feeling that SwiftKey is a more serious app that's really aimed at improving our productivity and saving us time and spelling mistakes. On the other hand, this TouchPal seems to be more focused on making our conversations funnier and seems less formal. Therefore, it will all depend on what you're really looking for in a keyboard. Regardless of which one you choose, you'll make the right decision as they both have millions of downloads and hundreds of thousands of positive comments and opinions.