It is easy to set up and start using WhatsApp Plus. First of all, download the APK file and proceed with the installation as usual. At the end of this tutorial, you will find the green Download button to get the APK. Once we are in the app, it is time to configure the most important settings of the messaging client.
One of the most important features of WhatsApp Plus is the privacy options it includes. All these options are available if you click on the icon in the top right corner of the Chat list (the one with the three horizontal stripes) and go to Plus Settings>Privacy And Security.
- Freeze Last Seen: check this box, restart the client and no one from your contacts will be able to see when you are online anymore, you will always appear as offline.
- Contacts: If you click on this option you can hide lots of things in your conversations. You can hide the blue ticks for messages you have read, the second check for received messages, the blue microphone icon visible while recording an audio, or the states of typing... or recording audio... that are visible when you perform any of these actions. Just check the corresponding checkbox of the information you want to hide.
- Groups: includes exactly the same options as in the previous section, but applied to groups.
- Broadcast: it will show the same options previously mentioned but applied to multimedia transmissions.
- Custom Privacy: this option is currently empty.
- Who can call me?: as you can imagine, it lets you filter who can call you through the app.
- Disable Forwarded: you will no longer see the Forwarded text when you forward a file to another conversation or group.
- Anti-Delete Messages: nobody can delete messages anymore.
- Show Blue Ticks after reply: the double blue read message check will only appear when you reply.
- Hide View Status: to hide the contacts that you have seen their status.
- Anti-Delete Status: you can still see the status and stories of your contacts even if they are deleted
Just below the privacy settings, there is a specific section for the security settings.Security settings
- WhatsApp Lock: by activating this option, you block access to the app by fingerprint if your mobile has a reader, pattern or PIN number. All you have to do is choose the desired option.
- Change Password: it lets you set the PIN code if you have chosen this blocking method.
- Change Pattern: in this section, you define the unlocking pattern for those who have selected that option.
- Recovery Question: if you have blocked access to the app by pattern or PIN, and forget the key, this is the place to set the recovery method, defining a question and an answer.
- Change Lock/Pattern Wallpaper: lets you change the window's lock wallpaper when it is active.
- Invisible Make Pattern: hides the unlock pattern as you enter it.
- Disable Pattern Vibration: eliminates vibration by introducing the unlocking pattern.
To see the customization options there are two shortcuts. If you click on the + symbol in the lower right corner of the Chat window (the floating icon), you will see a paint roller among the icons, click it and you will get to the Plus Settings menu. The other way is to do it directly from the icon of the three horizontal stripes in the upper right corner.Customization settings
- Themes: here, you can download new visual themes, save the ones we use or import them.
- Universal: general color settings, fonts, dark mode, status bar notification behavior, emojis or favorite GIF provider are in this section.
- Home Screen: this is where all the settings that affect the app's initial Home window are located. Colors, styles, interface, and more.
- Chat Screen: all the settings that affect the chat windows. As a new feature, settings are added to show or not show our image to our contacts.
- Widget: lets you configure the app widget's behavior in the operating system.
Use two phone numbers
To configure this function you do not have to do anything special, just have installed WhatsApp Plus and another MOD compatible with the original WhatsApp Messenger. Both apps can coexist without a problem. The only thing to keep in mind is that each version you use must work with a different, working phone number, otherwise, you will not be able to send