Manage all the functions of your Android from your PC
Smartphones and tablets are getting better and better in terms of usability but the convenience of the Windows or Mac desktop for managing, for example, folders and storage on a device are unrivaled. That is why you may be interested in downloading an app like AirDroid: Remote Access, that will let you control any aspect of your mobile device on your PC.
What is AirDroid for?
Now that you know that it is an app to manage an Android device through a computer and wirelessly, we explain the main functions of this tool that will significantly improve your productivity:
- File transfer: synchronize computer and mobile to transfer any file between both devices regardless of whether you work with Windows or macOS. You can do this via WiFi connection and without any need for cables. You can also send files to your contacts.
- Display notifications on your computer screen: you can work with your PC and receive on its monitor any notifications and warnings that arrive on your mobile and also process them from it. No more looking at the Android screen all the time.
- Answer calls and messages: no need to pick up the phone to answer calls or write SMS. The app lets you do this (remember that you will need a microphone to speak).
- Use any app on the computer: through its mirroring function, you can launch any application on your PC monitor. If it is a video, you will be able to watch it on your computer or even play on it using the mouse as a controller.
- Manage from the browser: the browser, whether Safari, Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or Opera, among others, will help you manage any file or app on your device. You can install and uninstall apps, rename folders, move files, and much more.
- Remote camera function: you can use your cellphone as a surveillance camera as it plays back what it records on the computer screen.
- Device protection: Cannot find your cellphone? It has functions to locate and block it as well as to delete any information it contains.
- Type with your keyboard: if you have installed the desktop app on your computer, you can use the keyboard to type on your phone.
- Optimization functions: it also offers options to clean the memory and increase the speed of the mobile device.
This is one of the best alternatives to control an Android device from the computer for which it is advisable to download the desktop version on the computer (although as we have mentioned, it can be used from the browser). At the same time, you can use the app for free and download its APK without any problem but the premium version will give full control of its functions to the user.
Requirements and additional information:
- Minimum operating system requirements: Android 4.0.
- Offers in-app purchases.
- The installation of the app by means of the APK file requires the activation of the "Unknown sources" option within Settings>Applications.
With a degree in History, and later, in Documentation, I have over a decade of experience testing and writing about apps: reviews, guides, articles, news, tricks, and more. They have been countless, especially on Android, an operating system...