In terms of communications over the Internet by means of smartphones, it looks like there are still new things coming out every day. Although you may think that you've got enough with WhatsApp, Telegram, Skype or Facebook Messenger, there's always something new to offer us a different point of view, from informal apps of the likes of Snapchat, to professional tools such as Slack. Chatting and instant messaging are constantly evolving, and Amazon also wants to take part in this world.
Safer communications for your smartphone
It's true that nobody stops us from using one app or another for certain purposes, but Amazon Chime has been designed to improve our communications within professional environments. It's all about holding online meetings, calls, and chats, as well as sharing contents in a fast and fluid manner, engaging with other teammates. That's why it hasn't been only developed in APK format for Android, but also for other systems such as iOS, Windows, and macOS.
Video conferences, individual chats, group conversations, content sharing...
- Video conferences: start a chat with a simple screen tap. Up to 8 participants can take part if it's started on a mobile device such as a smartphone or tablet, with great image and sound quality.
- Chat: talk to your colleagues and workmates with detailed reports about the status of your messages so that you can know when your communications have been read. Synchronized on all your devices.
- Chat rooms: create group conversations in which all the members of your team can discuss your projects. Share files, mention users, search through the conversation history...
- Smart interface: indicate your status by means of a color code to say whether you're available or busy, or remain hidden if you don't want anybody to know that you're online.
- Drag & drop to share files: send your files quickly through your chat rooms with absolute security and confidentiality.
As we mentioned before, it doesn't intend to be an alternative to informal communication platforms of the likes of WhatsApp or LINE, but is targeting other apps such as Slack, now present in plenty of companies due to its functions that increase our productivity at work. If Chime wants to beat it, it's going to have to give it everything it's got.