Android has gone a step further in its overhaul with Android 10. The tenth version of the most used mobile operating system in the world is full of new features regarding Android 9 Pie, improving different aspects of its functionality. In turn, it deserts the sweet names that were used to appoint previous versions.
A dark mode and privacy improvements
In this new version of the operating system, that will be first available for Pixel, Nokia, OnePlus, Samsung, Xiaomi or Sony smartphone models (no news about Huawei yet), we can find several new features.
These are some of the most noteworthy improvements to the operating system that was meant to be called Android Q:
- Privacy: its management has been improved on behalf of the user who now has more power of decision regarding and what information is shared with certain apps and when it is shared.
- Focus mode: users can mute those apps that distract them the most.
- Gesture control: gesture controls have been improved to be able to carry out actions much more intuitively, such as switching between apps by simply swiping the screen.
- Accessibility: functions for deaf users or users with hearing disability have been improved.
- Dark mode: we can set this mode for the entire operating system to rest our eyesight and optimize the battery usage.
- Sound amplifier: users can improve the sound of their device when carrying out certain actions.
- Updates: possibility to enable system updates from Google Play.
- Family Link: includes functions to connect to family members.