APK Inspector is an application that allows us to view information about the apps installed on our smartphone or tablet, from usage data to the permissions they use. Thus, you can get your hands on more data to decide whether you're interested in maintaining an app installed or not.
These are the main data offered by the application:
- Usage of the application including the average daily time spent on the app.
- Number and name of the version.
- When it was installed first or when it was last updated.
- Digital signatures by developers.
- Operating system permissions that it has accessed (useful to find out if it can record your conversation or access your device's camera).
Clone and extract APKs
But the most interesting function lays in the possibility to clone and extract APKs. We only have to access any of the installed application and press on the button to share apps: the package will be extracted and can be sent by email or chat apps of the likes of WhatsApp, and can also be saved to our online storage services such as Google Drive or Dropbox.