Mount virtual units on your PC
How many times have you downloaded an ISO file from the Internet or any other disc image to install a new game or application and you've had to burn it onto an optical disc such as a CD or DVD to run the installation? Yep, it's a valid solution, but it's probably not the most optimal, especially if you can download Daemon Tools for PC that allows you to virtualize units without needing to waste physical discs.
The best alternative to UltraISO and PowerISO.
Thus, you'll be able to mount and emulate a virtual unit on your PC, whether DT or SCSI, to be able to install your favorite games or programs. But that's not all because depending on the version installed, you'll also be able to create, convert and edit file images, copy and erase discs, emulate IDE devices, create recordable virtual devices, add RAM discs, create USB boot discs or protect USB memories by means of a password. As you can see, it's a program with plenty of possibilities.
Main features of Daemon Tools Lite
Obviously, not all the above-mentioned features are available in the Lite version, but only the most basic ones that can get us out of a tight spot at any given moment:
- Mount disc images on virtual units.
- Mount VHD and TrueCrypt files.
- Capable of working with up to 4 virtual units (DT or SCSI).
- Support to virtualize various types of images: MDX, ISO, B5T, B6T, CDI, BIN/CUE, APE/CUE, FLAC/CUE, NRG, etc.
- Creation of ISO images for CD, DVD or Blu-ray in MDS, MDF or MDX format.
- Possibility to organize your image catalog.
- Protection by means of passwords for the images created.
Which is the best Daemon Tools? And which one is for free?
Before we continue, you should know that there are several versions of this software and each one of them adapts to different circumstances and needs, so depending on exactly what you require, one or the other will be a better option for you. However, you have to know that the only one of them that is completely free is the Lite version that offers us the most basic functions to mount disc images. The others are paid editions and cost between 30 and 50 euros.
- Pro: it's the most advanced version with professional features that adds support for up to 32 virtual DT and SCSI devices and 4 IDE devices.
- Lite Personal: it's the advert-free version of the Lite edition that comes along with additional features such as lifelong updates and support for up to 256 DT devices and 32 SCSI devices.
- Ultra: the completest software in the family, an all-in-one with support for up to 256 DT devices, 32 SCSI devices, and 4 IDE devices. It also allows us to run several assistants at once.
- Net: the solution for those users that need to work with virtual units on different computers, being able to save and share images over a domestic or corporate network.
Now that you know, download Daemon Tools for PC, the best virtualization software and start mounting virtual units for your apps. Nobody wants optical discs anymore!
What's new in the latest version
- New design inspired by Windows 11.
- Possibility to mount UIF images.
Requirements and additional information:
- Free for personal non-commercial use.
A Telecommunications Engineer, chance led me to the translation industry, where after a few years, I discovered another side of the world of technology while translating what others were writing about mobile applications and software. That...