One of the best development environments focused on coding in C/C++ is Dev-C++ that also has the advantage of being totally free. This IDE has a very intuitive and simple interface, that will make it very easy for us to handle both the code editor as well as the compiler that it integrates.
- Use of the MinGW (Minimalist GNU for Windows) compiler, an implementation of the GCC (GNU Compiler Collection) compilers for Windows systems.
- Practical code editor with syntax coloring, search options, replace,...
- Vast amount of configuration options to customize the compiler, the environment or the editor.
- Insert markers and breakpoints.
- Use of keyboard shortcuts.
- Possibility to add, edit or remove tools.
- Selection of different themes for the interface (New Look, Blue...).
All in all, from this integrated development environment you'll be able to write, compile and launch your programs in C++ without further complications. Without a doubt, Dev-C++ is one of the best free alternatives to other IDEs like Visual Studio, offered by Microsoft.