The main features of Dev-C++ are:
- Use of the MinGW (Minimalist GNU for Windows) compiler, an implementation of the GCC (GNU Compiler Collection) compilers for Windows systems.
- Practical code editor with syntax coloring, search options, replace,...
- Vast amount of configuration options to customize the compiler, the environment or the editor.
- Insert markers and break points.
- Use of keyboard shortcuts.
- Possibility to add, edit or remove tools.
- Selection of different themes for the interface (New Look, Blue...).
All in all, from this integrated development environment you'll be able to write, compile and launch your programs in C++ without further complications. Without a doubt, Dev-C++ is one of the best free alternatives to other IDEs like Visual Studio, offered by Microsoft.